(Stuffed Appetizer) Active Work Time 50 minutes; Total Prep Time 1½ hours Serves 8 to 10.
DOUGH: 500 grams all-purpose flour 500 grams wheat farina (cake) flour 25 grams yeast 1 cup tepid water ½ cup olive oil 1 egg 100 grams milk 1 teaspoon salt 2 tablespoons sugar
1. On flat work surface, form well with flour.
2. Dissolve yeast in tepid water, stirring with fork.
3. Pour yeast, olive oil, egg, milk, salt and sugar into center. Mix with hands, gradually taking small portion of flour into the center until all ingredients are well blended. Knead vigorously 10 minutes until soft and elastic.
4. Place dough in large bowl dusted with flour; cover with plate; let rise 30 minutes.
FILLING: 3 eggs 100 grams Provolone cheese, cut in small pieces 100 grams smoked mozzarella, cubed 200 grams ricotta cheese 100 grams Neapolitan salami, cubed 70 grams Parmesan cheese, grated ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped Salt Finely ground black pepper 1. Mix all ingredients together until well blended.
(Begin no more than 1 hour before serving.) Dough Filling 1 egg Vegetable oil
1. On floured work surface, roll out dough to ½ centimeter.
2. Using 7- centimeter cookie cutter, cut dough into circles.
3. Whisk egg for egg wash; brush around edges of dough.
4. Using pastry bag, pipe 3 centimeters of filling into center of each dough circle.
5. Fold in half; pinch edges to seal. Place on floured tray. Do not stack.
6. In large frying pan heat 1 centimeter of oil until very hot.
7. Fry panzerotti until golden; drain on paper towel. Serve immediately. (May also be baked in 160 degree C. oven 20 minutes or until golden.)
Visit our Cooking School in Sorrento and learn the simple Italian cuisine. For further assistance, Please Contact US