(Ear-shaped Pasta with Broccoli Sauce)
Active Work Time 30 minutes; Total prep time 2 hours 45 minutes, including pasta drying time.
500 grams durum wheat semolina flour
1 kilo fresh broccoli
4 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra
5 tablespoons breadcrumbs
2 to 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
3 to 5 anchovies, packed in olive oil, cut into small pieces
1. On flat work surface, form well with semolina flour. While gradually adding water to center, work with other hand to mix flour from edges. Add just enough water to work into soft dough. If dough is too wet, work in additional flour until stickiness disappears.
2. Cut dough into long strips. Using both hands, roll each piece into long rods about 5 centimeters in diameter. Cut into 1- centimeter cubes.
3. Using a small serrated knife, press and drag the side of knife toward you over each piece. Pasta will flatten and curl at edges. Turn pasta in-side-out, pushing your thumb up at the center to form raised domed shape.
4. On floured breadboard, position each orecchiette so they don’t touch. Allow it to dry for two hours before cooking.
5. Cook in boiling salted water until tender. Drain and combine with sauce (Points :6-10).
6. Rinse and cut broccoli into small 2-centimater pieces. Cook in boiling salted water until very soft and tender. Drain; set aside.
7. Heat over medium heat just enough olive to cover bottom of small frying pan. Add bread crumbs; sauté until golden brown, about 1 minute. Remove from pan; set aside.
8. In large frying pan, heat 4 tablespoons olive oil over medium/high heat, about 1 minute. Add garlic and anchovies; sauté 1 minute or until garlic is barely golden.
9. Add cooked broccoli; stir well; set aside.
10. Add cooked pasta to broccoli mixture; stir well. Heat over medium heat until pasta is well-coated, about 1-2 minutes. Garnish with breadcrumbs and serve.
Visit our Cooking School in Sorrento and learn the simple Italian cuisine.
For further assistance, Please Contact US