|Top > Cooking School Italy > Hotel Sorrento Italy > Italian cooking recipes
(Potato Dumplings with Tomato Sauce)
Active Work Time 30 minutes; Total Prep Time 1 hour
a) 1 kilo potatoes (yellow flesh; Yukon Gold)
b) 600 grams all purpose flour, plus extra
c) 1 egg
d) Dash nutmeg, grated
f) 3 tablespoons olive oil
g) 2 liters pre-prepared tomato sauce
h) 400 grams mozzarella cheese, cut into small chunks
i) ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
l) Fresh basil for garnish
1. Cook whole potatoes with skin in boiling water over high heat until very soft,
about 20 minutes. Drain; set aside to cool. When cool enough to handle, remove
skin from potatoes with fingers.
2. Put potatoes through a ricer to create tiny pieces or mash.
3. On flat work surface create flour well.
4. Add eggs, nutmeg and potatoes to center. Blend together with hands until
ingredients are completely mixed and form compact dough. If dough does not
hold together, add additional flour. Knead for 3 minutes.
5. On floured surface, cut dough into long strips. Using both hands, roll each piece
into long rods about 5 centimeters in diameter. Cut into 1- centimeter cubes.
6. Hold fork in right hand; press cubes against tines just hard enough to make
characteristic ridges; flip downward, off the fork to create elongated shell shape.
7. On floured breadboard, position gnocchi so they don’t stick together.
8. Fill large pot with cold water; add olive oil; set aside.
9. Cook gnocchi in small batches in boiling salted water about 5 minutes or until
they float to the top.
10. Scoop out cooked gnocchi with large slotted spoon and place in cold water to
11. Add gnocchi to already prepared tomato sauce. Cook over medium heat, stirring
continuously until well coated and hot.
12. Turn off the heat; add cubed mozzarella, grated Parmesan cheese; turn gently
until melted. Garnish with fresh basil and serve.
Visit our Cooking School in Sorrento and learn the simple Italian cuisine.
For further assistance, Please Contact US
| sorrento bed and breakfast |
| hotel sorrento |
| B&B Sorrento |
| Sorrento cooking school |
| Italian Cooking School |
| cooking school italy |
| cooking course in italy |
| cooking class italy |
MAMI CAMILLA B&B SORRENTO
|VIA COCUMELLA,6 - 80065|
S.Agnello di Sorrento,Naples Italy
|Tel||+39 081 8782067
||Fax||+39 081 8774574
HOTEL SOLELUNA & MAMI CAMILLA COOKING SCHOOL
|VIA MADONNA DI ROSELLA,31 - 80063|
Piano di Sorrento,Naples Italy
|Tel||+39 081 8787287
||Fax||+39 081 8774574
Copyright © 2003 Mami Camilla. All Rights Reserved