BOLLITO con SALSA VERDE
(Boiled Meats with Green Sauce)
Active Work Time 40 minutes; Total Prep Time 1hour
3 tablespoons olive oil
700 grams veal lion or chops
2 chicken thighs
1 small onion, finely chopped
3 celery stalks, finely chopped
4 carrots, finely chopped
6 cherry tomatoes, quartered
1 vegetable stock cube
1. In large pot, heat oil over high heat 1 minute or until hot. Add veal and chicken;
braise until brown on all sides, about 15 minutes.
2. Dissolve vegetable stock cube in ½ liter hot water; set aside.
3. Add chopped vegetables to pot; turn.
4. Add vegetable stock; stir. Reduce heat to low; cover; cook 15 minutes or until meat is completely cooked and vegetable are very soft. (If using thick cuts of meat, increase cooking time accordingly.)
5. Remove meat from pot; cover with foil to keep warm.
6. Remove pot from heat. Using hand-held blender, puree vegetables; set aside to cool.
1 clove garlic
¼ cup fresh parsley
3 green olives, pitted
3 small fresh sweet Gherkins
¼ cup raw pine nuts
¼ cup raw walnuts or hazel nuts
¼ cup lemon juice
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon finely ground black pepper
1. Combine all ingredients in food processor; blend well.
2. Add cooled pureed vegetables; blend until completed mixed, until thick consistency.
3. Thinly slice veal; arrange with chicken thighs on serving plate. Spoon sauce over meat or serve along side.
Visit our Cooking School in Sorrento and learn the simple Italian cuisine.
For further assistance, Please Contact US