Arancini di Riso
Active Work Time 40 minutes; Total Prep Time 2 hours
500 grams rice
60 grams Pecorino cheese, grated
Pinch saffron, diluted in ½ cup hot water
100 grams fresh peas, shelled
20 grams dried mushrooms, reconstituted in hot water
½ liter Bolognese sauce (pre-prepared)
¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
120 grams mozzarella, diced into 2-centimeter cubes.
All purpose flour
2 cups breadcrumbs
1. Cook rice in boiling salted water until al dente. Drain; turn out rice on flat work
surface. Let cool.
2. Add Pecorino cheese, diluted saffron and 2 beaten eggs; mix well. Form half balls about 3 centimeters thick. With finger make depression in centers. Set aside.
3. Blanch peas; drain; set aside.
4. Drain mushrooms; squeeze out excess water; chop fine.
5. In saucepan, combine meat sauce, peas, mushrooms, basil and dash of salt to taste. Heat over medium heat about 5 minutes or until hot.
6. Carefully spoon sauce into depressions of rice balls. Add diced mozzarella. Form
other half of ball with rice mixture. Seal with hands, working into pear-shaped
croquette. Be sure to keep filling in the center.
7. Dredge croquettes lightly in flour; dip in beaten egg; roll in breadcrumbs.
8. In large frying pan, heat generous amount of oil about 2 minutes or until very hot.
9. Add rice balls; fry until golden brown, turning often. Remove from pan; drain on paper towel. Serve immediately.
3 tablespoons olive oil
4 celery sticks, diced
4 carrots, diced
4 small yellow onions, diced
2 cloves garlic, sliced
5 bay leaves
500 grams beef, minced
500 grams pork, minced
1½ cups white wine
400 grams tomato paste
1 liter water
1. In large saucepan, heat olive oil over high heat 1 minute or until hot.
2. Reduce heat to medium. Add diced vegetables, onions, garlic and bay leaves; mix well. Cook vegetables 15 minutes or until they are very soft and break down.
3. Add meat; sauté 10 minutes or until completely cooked.
4. Add wine; cook 2 minutes
5. Add tomato paste, water, salt and pepper to taste. Cook over medium/low heat for 30 minutes.
Visit our Cooking School in Sorrento and learn the simple Italian cuisine.
For further assistance, Please Contact US